Editors' note: Introducing Our Voices

LISI LUDWIG | FILE

The Daily Californian’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee established Our Voices in fall 2021, a new column series where community members can tell stories about their experiences and identities. The series will help the Daily Cal’s content become more inclusive and representative of those we serve.

Like the Daily Cal opinion department’s op-eds and The Soapbox, Our Voices is not restricted to those with prior knowledge or writing experience. It is instead a platform for anyone who wants to share what’s important to them.

Through these narratives, writers lend their unique perspective on identity, diversity and inclusivity. While op-eds address social and cultural perspectives, Our Voices specifically uplifts personal stories. Encouraging individuals from outside of the Daily Cal to write for this column works toward the newspaper’s goal to increase accessibility not just in reading but also in writing and publishing. 

Jasper Kenzo Sundeen is editor in chief and president, Mallika Seshadri is the managing editor and Lisi Ludwig is the creative director. Contact them at [email protected].

MARCH 01, 2022